Empowering the digitalisation of Energy transition.
WHAT IS EEBUS?
The purpose of EEBUS is the development and standardisation of such a communication and required interfaces to allow for the interconnection between energy management relevant devices as well as corresponding control systems. EEBUS empowers the digitalisation of energy transition by ensuring compliance with physical and grid-initiated constraints at the grid connection and thus supports a stable grid operation. This allows energy-related and manufacturer-specific business models to develop, without endangering the grid situation.
EEBUS SOLUTIONS for the Industry
The purpose of EEBUS is the development and Today’s energy world is facing different needs and demands from multiple perspective, starting with energy supply, over to grid operation ending with local energy management. EEBUS enables the harmonisation of energy flows and efficiency by establishing a standardised communication interface for seamless communication among devices and systems in the world of energy management.
• Market-organised use of flexibility
• Energy sales according to current electricity market prices
DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM OPERATOR (DSO)
• Compliance with the connection specifications of the local grid operator (grid-compatible / grid-serving operation)
• Cost-/CO2-/self-consumption optimised operation of devices
• No direct control of devices (i.e. no loss of data sovereignty) but control via limits/envelopes or incentives
• Clarity in regulatory requirements
Device Manufacturer & EMS Provider
• Protection of local resources
• Optimisation of local grid utilization
• Transparency & control at the grid connection
• Data protection & IT security at the grid connection
Energy Sales & Service Provider
Effective communication between different stakeholders requires more than just standardised data exchange: the communicating parties must also be aligned with respect to content and communication flow process via the same use case applications. By “communication interface” we refer to this combination of data model and transport protocol required for the data exchange as well as relevant use case descriptions.
EEBUS SPEAK ENERGY
„Since our founding in 2012, EEBUS members have come from a variety of industries: I am convinced that this cross-industry approach is the main reason for our success as the communication interface standard for the low-voltage grid – it is impossible to imagine sector coupling in the context of energy transition if the interests of all sectors involved are not well aligned! “