ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
ABB in Germany
ABB is a leading power and automation technology group made up of five divisions: Power Products, Power Systems, Low Voltage Products, Process Automation and Discrete Automation and Motion. We help our customers to use electrical power efficiently, to increase industrial productivity and to lower environmental impact in a sustainable way. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145’000 people.
In 2011, ABB Germany generated sales of EUR 3.43 billion with approximately 10,000 employees (as per June 30, 2012). ABB AG, Mannheim, is a subsidiary owned to 100 percent by ABB Ltd, Zürich.
Products, systems, solutions and services
for customers working in the sectors of utilities, manufacturing, consumer and process industries, transport, oil, gas and petrochemicals as well as for distributors such as wholesalers and general contractors.
Research and development
ABB has seven Corporate Research Centers worldwide. More than 100 German scientists concentrate on innovative technologies of automation for our customers in the process, manufacturing and energy supply industry in Ladenburg. For this purpose, the Corporate Research Center collaborates with more than 50 universities and research institutes worldwide.
ABB Portfolio (abstract)
- Power technology products for high- and medium-voltage applications
- Automation relays
- Associated equipment
- Service: Repairs, spare parts, maintenance, remote monitoring
- Turnkey power systems
- Electrification and control for power plants
- Substations and substation automation
- Network management systems
- Grid systems (HVDC, HVDC Light und FACTS)
Low Voltage Products
- Breakers and switches
- Enclosures and DIN rail products
- Wiring accessories
- Power electronics systems
- System solutions for process industries
- Integrated process control and information management systems
- Force measurement, analyzers
Discrete Automation and Motion
- Motors and drives
- Automatisation of machines and plants
- Robot automation and products
- Paint automation and assembly systems for vehicle components
- Software and simulation
Board members of ABB AG
- Dr. Peter Terwiesch (CEO; Manager of Central Europe Region)
- Markus Ochsner (Chief Financial Officer of ABB AG and of Central Europe Region, Human Resources)
- Hans-Georg Krabbe (responsible for Automation Technologies)
- Dr. Martin Schumacher (responsible for Power Technologies)
- Bernhard Jucker (Chairman)
- Wilhelm Kuper (Vice Chairman)
- and 14 other members
News & Events
Smart appliance industry applies SPINE for smart use of energy.
The EU uses EEBus in the reference framework for the energy efficient smart home. First EEBus compliant series devices available on the market and global reach.
The Thread Group and EEBus Create Liaison Agreement to Accelerate Adoption of Interoperable Solutions in Connected Home
SAN RAMON, Calif. & BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today the Thread Group and EEBus Initiative e.V. announced that the two alliances will collaborate in...
The BDH (Federation of the German Heating Industry) has become a member of the EEBus Initiative.
At the Mobile World Congress, the EEBus Initiative and Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) jointly demonstrate with real devices how global interoperability works
Visit us at booth 8.0C35. in the IoT Pavilion
Sven Schreiber of SMA is new member of the EEBus Executive Board. "EEBus is fueling the decntralized energy revoloution."
On the EEBus member assembly in December, Sven Schreiber has been confirmed by SMA as the new member of the EEBus Executive Board. He is responsible...
The VDA (German Association of the Automotive Industry) has joined the EEBus Initiative that wants and to integrate different smart home solutions....